Project Manager Summary
There is a Project Manager job opening in the greater Syracuse, New York area. A building materials distributor is in the process of searching for an individual to fill the Project Manager job opening in the Syracuse, New York area. JMJ Phillip’s building materials recruiters are seeking a motivated and experienced individual to fill the Project Manager job opening. The job will oversee project lifecycle, from meeting with customers to assuring the project stays on schedule and within budget. The ability to read a blueprint is absolutely essential for success in this job.
Syracuse Project Manager Overview:
The Syracuse, New York area Project Manager will be responsible for following a project through the entirety of its lifecycle from the initial meetings with clients to the on-time completion. The Project Manager will have a deep knowledge of door, frame and hardware applications as they relate to UL, fire code, building code, ADA, life safety and other restrictions that relate to the general commercial construction industry. This job requires the ability to multitask and handle all types of scopes of projects with great attention to detail. The Project manager will accurately detail and schedule materials and verify product costs to determine the best product selections. Enter the costs during the scheduling process and compare to the estimated costs. It is the responsibility of the Project Manager to Review the schedules and submittals for any errors or options that can affect the project prior to sending the job out for approval.
Syracuse Project Manager Job Opening
- The Project Manager will oversee project lifecycle, from meeting with customers to assuring the project stays on schedule and within budget.
- This job will accurately detail and schedule materials and determine the best product selections for the job.
- The Project Manager will prepare the shop drawings, schedules, and submittals using manufacturer catalog cuts to support the products selected within the schedule.
- The Syracuse Project Manager will be responsible for assuring that projects meet UL, fire code, building code, ADA, life safety and other restrictions that relate to the construction industry.
- The Syracuse Project Manager is responsible for writing detailed notes outlining and highlighting any issues or verifications that require instruction by the General Contractor and/or the architect during the submittal process.
Project Manager (Syracuse Area) Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required for this job.
- This job requires project management/detailing experience in windows and doors.
- The Syracuse Project manager must be able to read blueprints.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to stick to deadlines is required.
- The Project Manager must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.