Accounting Manager Summary
There is an Accounting Manager job opening in the Seattle, Washington area. An agricultural products manufacturer is in search of a strong candidate to fill the Accounting Manager job opening in the greater Seattle, Washington area. JMJ Phillip’s manufacturing recruiters are seeking an analytical individual with extensive GAAP knowledge for a job opening in the greater Seattle, Washington area. This is a great opportunity for an experienced individual with an accounting or finance background. An ideal candidate will have JD Edwards, Sage or another ERP software experience.
Seattle Accounting Manager Overview:
The Accounting Manager, based in the greater Seattle area, will be responsible for Accounting and Finance Reporting in addition to accounts payable, inventory control and maintaining company accounting processes within the business unit. This job will also require some basic on-site human resources to work with the employees in the plant and farm environment. Additionally, the Seattle Accounting Manager will prepare monthly journal entries, account reconciliation and research as required. The Accounting Manager will have Business Unit level HR responsibilities including completion of new hire documents, as well as reviewing and obtaining approval of time-cards on a weekly basis. This role will be the main point of contact for employees at the Business Unit level for complaints, injuries or any other HR related incidents, including worker’s compensation reporting and safety requirements.
Seattle Accounting Manager Job Opening
- The Accounting Manager is responsible for daily monitoring of stack Inventory reporting including ticket entries for movement of product inbound, outbound and storage.
- This job requires ensuring compliance and adherence with GAAP and other internal policies, as well as the completeness and accuracy of all general ledger accounts.
- The Seattle-based Accounting Manager will maintain, reconcile and report on capital project spending, as well as fixed assets and equipment changes.
- This job is responsible for preparing the month-end Balance Sheet and Spending for the Business Unit.
- This role will prepare or review statutory filings to local, state and federal agencies timely and accurately
Accounting Manager (Seattle Area) Job Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance is required for this job
- At least 5-7 years of accounting experience is required for the Accounting Manager role.
- The ideal candidate for the Accounting Manager job will have experience in grower or farm accounting.
- Proficiency in JD Edwards, Sage or another ERP software suite is an absolute must for this role.
- It is important that the candidate for the Accounting Manager role can clearly partner and work effectively across functional areas.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.