Succession Planning, Consulting and Search Services
Succession planning has become a hot trend in recent years. The baby boomers held a tremendous amount of knowledge in the retail, real estate, services, and hospitality markets and now we are witnessing a vacuum in the employment markets as they retire.
The succession planning process doesn’t vary much, but the key ingredient is time. Companies will wait until a key professional or executive is leaving in 2-3 months and then decide to do a search for their replacement which is a major mistake.
Here is what you need to be doing:
- Plan 12+ months in advance
- Complete a SWOT analysis on the retiree
- Interview their entire team
- Decide if it will take 1 or 2 people to replace them
- Call Clarke Caniff to help with the process and search
Not planning is costly and we are here to help you avoid those mistakes by walking you through the process of developing a succession plan and a local or national search for the candidates.