A leading animal hospital in the veterinary medicine industry is seeking a Director of Shelter Medicine in the greater Chicago, Illinois area.
Chicago Director of Shelter Medicine Job Opening
- Accurately diagnose and treat a wide variety of medical conditions in accordance with shelter practices and resources.
- Directly supervise licensed veterinary staff while promoting a positive learning environment for staff to continue to progress in the medical department.
- Ensure compliance with guidelines relating to the practice of veterinary medicine within the shelter.
- Collaborate with staff to make appropriate recommendations in the formulation of shelter medicine objectives and practices in order to ensure optimal health of sheltered animals.
- Identify ongoing concerns and trends in the animal welfare movement.
Director of Shelter Medicine (Chicago area) Job Requirements:
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or equivalent degree is required for this role.
- A current veterinary license in the state of Illinois is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of Shelter Medicine experience is required for this role.
- Must be available for a flexible schedule.
- Must be able to work standing or sitting for 8 or more hours.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.