A caring veterinarian clinic is seeking a Veterinary Technician in the greater Chicago, Illinois area.
Chicago, Illinois Job Opening
- Acts as a liaison between owners and veterinarians, communicating the condition of a patient, the results of any tests, or answering any questions regarding treatment plans.
- Assists in various procedures being performed, including microchipping, blood drawing, vaccinations, and animal restraining.
- Prepares medical treatments and applies them as prescribed by the patient’s veterinary doctor.
- Assists in the preparation of patients for surgery, including shaving, intubation, and the measurement/application of medication.
- Offers strong customer service through use of effective and genuine communication skills.
Veterinary Technician (Chicago, Illinois) Job Requirements:
- Strong candidates are expected to have technician certification (CVT) in the state of Illinois.
- At least 2+ years of experience is preferred.
- Candidates should possess a strong background in the administration and prescription of various medications used within a veterinary practice.
- A strong level of admiration for all patients, and a drive to ensure they are taken care of to the best of one’s ability.
- Individuals must be able to lift up to 40 lbs., and the ability to stand for a maximum of 10 hours.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.